View Single Post
Old 10-06-2016, 10:33 PM   #3408
hot_pastrami
I am meaty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
*cough*
Sounds like you've been killing it, Clod! Way to exist.

Also from a selfish standpoint:

--I've mostly been writing. I won a Sydney award from the NYT and a Golden Giraffe from The Browser, those felt nice.
--I've learned how to narrate (largely by leveraging home-grown technology), so I've been reading my own podcast episodes. I've also been making the music for them, which is fun.
--I've been approached about hosting history-oriented television shows, but I'm not as good in front of the camera as our belumbered lumberjim.
--I've been approached by Hollywood producers who want to make movies from my articles, but I declined to let them own my soul, so they seem to be just side-stepping me.
--I got to attend a test of NASA's SLS system with a bunch of astronauts and NASA execs. That was neato torpedo.

That's all I can think of right now. I watched "Life Itself" today, the documentary about Roger Ebert, and it was great, but hard to watch, and it put me in a bit of a funk. I've long been fond of Ebert, and I was flattered when he linked to my works on a couple of occasions, so I was extra sad when he passed. So that's given my day an odd shape.

I keep thinking I need to start hanging out here again, but the up-catching is a daunting task.