View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 01:38 PM   #45
Adak
Lecturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post

Boy's got a personality like his grapes: sour, that is. /foghornleghorn

Why DO conservatives whine so much?
No whine, just aware that Obama will have a VERY tough 4 years now. They'll make his first 4 years seem like a cakewalk, in comparison.

1) He can't keep spending money we don't have. Even his own party won't support more radical spending.

2) He's alienated the Republicans - and their party's base, quite a bit. I really don't think he'll get stink for cooperation with ANYTHING, now.

The campaign was long, and instead of focusing on his own policies for the future, (because he has few, and no good ones), he spent a lot of time with smear type attacks on Romney. His Justice Department has filed suit against every single state that tried to pass a reasonable voter ID law. He has cut back on allowing drilling for oil on Federal land which has area's for that, and last but not least, he took 700+million from Medicare (which part I'm not sure of), to fund Obamacare. If that doesn't work out well, the seniors will be in an uproar!

What else could Obama do? But that won't set him up for easy reconciliation with either Republicans or conservatives in general.

4) He'll have to answer an investigation into the abandonment of Ambassador Stevens and crew, in Benghazi. He may even face an impeachment hearing over that, for his failure to act, when he so obviously could have.

As well as he has been treated by the media (better than any Politician I can recall), if the word gets circulated that he was a coward and afraid to defend Stevens for some political reason, he may find the public hating the coward's guts.
Adak is offline   Reply With Quote