View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 08:54 AM   #4
Snakeadelic
Banned

1. Antarctica. Stay coastal and it's easier to build shelter & melt drinking water.
2. I don't hate much about my external appearance. My favorite gnarly scar, though, is on the palm side of my left hand, base of the index finger that nearly got taken off when the buffing wheel grabbed the tip of the 34" unsharpened broadsword blade and spun it out of my hand--through my hand--through the door and into the driveway.
3. 24. How old I was when I lost 350 pounds of ugly (my first husband) in the divorce. I was so glad to move out of his parents' house! His dad was one of those weird old guys who spent all day in his lounge chair, watching tv, falling asleep, and farting prodigiously. Until time for his MASH and Hawaii Five-O reruns. For 2 hours a day, every weekday and most Saturdays as well, even the POODLE didn't make a sound.
4. Rave about music! I love music, having been raised by a hippie rock band. It's a lot like being raised by a pack of wolves, but the wolves smell better and have better table manners. Also, my therapist has "strongly suggested" that I not follow politics because it gives me panic attacks about my health insurance.
5. Mayo and pepper, actually, which I learned from the Swiss guy I dated for a year and a half way back when. My great-grandmother also used to use mayo with some of her veggies, and I was the only one in my generation to ever like any veggies that way. I don't do that much any more, since my stomach is now horribly picky about all forms of fat, oil, and grease.
6. Older than my sweetie's best friend, we're pretty sure. I bought a long-tailed black-on-red tiger print blouse of indeterminate age at a thrift store in the town where I graduated high school. This was in like 1986, and when my sweetie needed something to wear to an 80s-themed burlesque show, we were delighted to find out it fit him too.
7. Applegate. Intermediate Algebra, 11th grade. True story: I came in one week after a holiday vacation break and had to tell him my homework would be late. Why? he wonders. "It's in my textbook, which ran off to Reno to study statistics and probabilities without me." "WHAT?" "Greyhound lost my luggage on my way home from Seattle. It's in Reno. You get my homework when they get it back to me." (entire class busts out laughing)
8. Herbal, by which I mean I avoid black tea. Currently drinking chamomile, often with honey, vanilla, or both, by the VAT. Sometimes peach-mango. Sometimes blackberry-pomegranate, but not as often or as late at night as the others because that blend has caffeine. No milk unless it's the green-tea chai, no processed sugar.
9. (runs out of the room Kermit-flailing) Um, no.
10. Actually, I prefer my creepy pet. I have a "snow" morph corn snake (missing 2 of the 3 normal pigments, in this case black and red so she's kinda pink and white with bits of the 3rd color, yellow, mostly near her face) named Nevluk. The name means "clinging snow", and she is definitely a hanger-on when it comes to her time out of her tank. She is 17 years old and I'm her 3rd owner. I've had her for most of her life, having gotten her and her ex-boyfriend (rehomed) Qanuk in the summer of 2001. Her actual 17th birthday is almost certainly sometime this month, as she was a "spring hatch" baby. "Summer hatch" babies are usually out of the egg in July, and if a snake doesn't produce a spring clutch in some species they may produce a fall clutch that will hatch around October. "Fall hatch" is much more common in captive populations, as the late hatch date would doom a lot of babies to starvation in the wild by not giving them time to build up any physical reserves before hard winter hits.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote