Thread: Bikes!
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 06:45 AM   #190
Griff
still says videotape

Pete and I did the MS150 Figer Lakes Tour this weekend. They moved the base of operations to Canandagua, so we road some new roads. As always, the volunteers took great care of us. Lisa Peck had a very inspirational message for everyone. She and a teammate from Rochester (I think it was Tiffany Pezzulo) rode with us or I should say greeted us as they blew our doors off! Thats one way to meet everyone, pass them all. They broke up the ride differently this year doing either 90 or 45 miles on Saturday followed by 60 or 30 on Sunday. We did the 90 mile loop Saturday that included 6100 feet of climbing. One of the guys had a onboard computer that could give a printout of the ride profile based on altitude. Apparently they run a tour called the Highlander out there every year that is 100 miles with 10000 feet of climbing. Petes got the bug now so expect her to train for that one next year. It was raining in the morning for day 2 and I didn't trust that my eczema was done so we waited for the sun and did the short loop. Riding the short loop was pretty impressive because many folks on that ride suffer from MS and really made me feel like a pussy for whining about my skin condition.

Canandagua is a really lovely lake and if you like to see big neat farms and wineries its worth the trip.