View Single Post
Old 02-28-2017, 01:55 PM   #49
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
We wore them to last night's scout meeting. Lots of "oohs and aaahs." I noticed the extra weight around my neck and didn't like it, but in short order I became used to it and forgot I was wearing it.

Now I kind of feel like trying it again, but pouring a thinner final product. I also noticed when I was digging around for some black spray paint that I had a partial can of Bondo in the basement. Does that stuff go bad? It must be ten years old. Bondo would have been a lot easier than plaster to shape initially. It starts off nice and soft when it sets up and doesn't reach full hardness for a while. I suspect I could carve a cleaner positive mold with some...
Wax is good too. You can buy special wax for that, it comes in varying degrees of hardness, You can also soften paraffin with some microcellulose wax, available at your harware store in the plumbing section as wax toilet rings. They are very soft and sticky so only add a little bit at a time to the paraffin. Or just buy the right stuff.

https://www.smooth-on.com/