Thread: The Obamanation
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 07:58 AM   #1408
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry quirk View Post
Giving is voluntary: there's much value in giving (and in the discretion employed about 'what' to give and 'who' to give to).

The dissolving of boundaries demanded by 'WE' is another matter entirely.
In my definition of "we", "we" is totally voluntary. If you are a citizen of the USA, you are a part of a "we". There is no I in USA. You are part of a communtiy that takes care of each other, or at least should. My taxes go to help those in need from the fires in Texas, floods and hurricaine in the northeast, earthquake in the mid Atlantic, mudslides in California. I pay taxes voluntarily. I hope that if I am in need, my fellow citizens will be just as generous. My taxes also go to plenty of programs that I don't like, but maybe you do. And I pay those taxes voluntarily, as well. That's what a community, a society, a relationship is all about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry quirk View Post
A wholly irrelevant and undeserved assessment masquerading as a question.

Thanks for that…remind me to return the favor someday.
I apologize if I offended you, but I believe that when "self" is as important to someone as it appears to be to you, you can't allow a partner to be satisfied or fulfilled, and so cannot have a true "marriage". Your "self" will always drive those people away.