View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 09:13 AM   #10
henry quirk
maskless: yesterday, today, tomorrow

On Thursday, July 13, 2017, Congressman Clay Higgins <LA03CHima@mail.house.gov> wrote:

Dear Mr. Quirk,

Thank you for contacting me to share your comments regarding the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA; P.L. 111-148). Like you, I have serious concerns with government intrusion into our health care system, and I recently voted to repeal this dysfunctional law.

As you may know, Representative Diane Black (R-TN-06) introduced H.R. 1628, the American Health Care Act of 2017, on March 20, 2017. This health care plan is a critical step towards increasing choice and expanding access to quality, affordable health care for all Americans. H.R. 1628 would repeal the existing individual and employer mandates, slash Obamacare-era taxes, and return flexibility and choice back to the states. I am pleased to inform you that H.R. 1628 was passed by the passed the U.S. House of Representatives with my support on May 4, 2017, and was sent to the U.S. Senate for further consideration.

The 115th Congress presents a new opportunity to improve both our nation’s healthcare system and access to quality, affordable healthcare. Louisianans deserve the very best, and I will continue to fight for true patient-centered reforms, rather than massive federal regulation of the industry. For more information about this legislation, please visit my website at https://clayhiggins.house.gov/media/. Please be assured that I will keep your comments in mind as the U.S. House of Representatives moves forward.

Again, I appreciate your thoughts and it is an honor to serve you in Congress. Your suggestions are always welcome, and if ever I may be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at https://clayhiggins.house.gov/.*

Sincerely,

Clay Higgins
Member of Congress

Don’t forget to connect with me on Facebook as Congressman Clay Higgins and sign up for my e-newsletter at clayhiggins.house.gov for the latest updates on my work.

#

On Friday, July 14, 2017, Henry Quirk <hquirk@gmail.com> wrote:

Yeah, it's grand you -- and the House -- have your ducks in a row...the Senate is another matter.

I predict nuthin' will change...the ACA won't be repealed...the tweaks/revisions of the ACA won't amount to diddly squat...The GOP will lose the Senate (and mebbe the House).

Might as well change the name now, swap out 'United States of America' for 'Communitarian State of America'.

*shrug*

Anyway, thanks for the response. H. Quirk
henry quirk is offline   Reply With Quote