View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 10:55 AM   #184
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Oh bite me!

You can't even drink diet pop anymore, without someone getting all up in your grill. Ooooh, they drink Diet Coke, let's make them feel guilty about that too! I'm so scared now, what all this soda is doing to me. The horrors! What is wrong with me? Why can't I say "no"? Why am I such a horrible addict? I'm so weak. I'm so beaten down. I need help. I need a 12 pack program like AA. Did I say pack? I meant step.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/03/01...x.html?hpt=T2#

Quote:
Factors besides caffeine are likely at work. Although diet soda clearly isn't as addictive as a drug like nicotine, experts say the rituals that surround diet soda and the artificial sweeteners it contains can make some people psychologically -- and even physically -- dependent on it in ways that mimic more serious addictions. And unlike sugared soda, which will make you gain weight if you drink too much of it, zero-calorie soda doesn't seem to have an immediate downside that prevents people from overindulging.
In other words: so fucking what?

And I got news for those folks: 6 cans a day? Freaking lightweight. I'll see your six cans and raise you 8 or 9 more. Put that in your glass and drink it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go smoke a cigarette, drink another pop, and get some pizza for lunch. If I could I'd burn one, and have some beer too.

and, end rant.