View Single Post
Old 06-21-2003, 01:39 AM   #437
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Just got a bunch of new shit over the past few weeks.

Metallica--St. Anger: I dunno...I was so impressed when I heard "Frantic" and "St. Anger." But the rest of the album sounds the same. As I mentioned in another thread, maybe I just need to listen to it a few more times.

Radiohead--Pablo Honey and Hail to the Thief: Their first and most recent releases. Both are great. Hail is not as quirky as the last 2 releases...it goes back to more guitar-oriented music, like Pablo Honey, which, incidentally, is a great pop record.

Billy Joel--The Essential Billy Joel: A 2-CD set that covers everything from his first record to his most recent classical release. It is missing a few tracks that are on the 3 greatest hits CDs, but overall, a great compilation. Billy Joel is just a great songwriter.

Dave Gahan--Paper Monsters: Went ahead and bought the CD-DVD set. Like I said before, not bad, but could be better.

Miles Davis...if it isn't obvious by the posts I've made in this thread, most of what I've bought in the past 18 months has been Miles. That's the beauty of being in Columbia House...the same people that run Columbia House control most of his music catalog. And Columbia House always has fat deals.

So, on this go-round, I got:

'Round About Midnight: His first Columbia release, along with a few newer tracks tacked on.

Big Fun: 2-CD set, the follow up to Bitches Brew. Very rock-influenced, and all over the place.

Miles Smiles: Released in 1967, before he got deep into fusion. Another one of his albums that would be great as a movie soundtrack. This would be perfect for one of those hip/cool films from the late 60s.

I also bought Water Babies, though I haven't listened to it, yet. It was recorded in 1967, but not released until 1976, during his five-year recording hiatus.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote