Thread: Random Thoughts
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 06:34 PM   #765
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
apparently I'm really fuckin tired.
so wheeee Saturday off! wanted to do Parkrun today for first time. Set alarm. woke up. decided too early, not feeling it, set later for last minute attempt.... yeah nope. Ended up with about a 12 hour kip total. aaaahhhh. Been pretty productive around the house today. Thunderboy was out for most of it doing lifeguard training. Empty Nest practice. Anyone want to hazard a guess as to how fucking bored I'm going to be if that ever actually happens?

(Thunderboy's college/campus of choice is a commuter college, so he will live at home despite it being much further away than the campus the other two chose -which is closer than their high school.)

Also.... I met an old friend last night at Thurnderboy's school. used to be a cop, now apparently a "Community Assistant" (hall monitor). Has kids same age as my older two, they all went through K-8 in the same classes...... didn't recognize Thunderboy when she saw him and apparently pegged him as a potential active shooter from his appearance and demeanor. nice. She says better now he's wearing his varsity jacket rather than camo, but prob something we should work on.....