View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 07:40 AM   #134
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Transitions are always an issue, the flip side is 7 days is too long for a six year old to be away from either parent and vice versa. Transition stress can be minimized by the adults getting the kids’ shit in one sock before the transition, having a checklist and a routine makes the transitions more predictable. There is evidence that more transitions can lead to mix ups, but the way things are now is very chaotic. Chaos is something that she craves and creates.
My neurotic tendencies tend to have a greater affect on me with those around me being indirectly influenced. Hers have an effect more like a Claymore mine.

Neither is ideal, in my opinion the less time they spend with her the better for them psychologically in the long run because she is cray-cray.

I've mentioned before her family history of "pissing on your shoes and telling you it's raining", well, apparently there is a term for that:
Double Binds:
Quote:
Another example is when one is commanded to "be spontaneous". The very command contradicts spontaneity, but it only becomes a double bind when one can neither ignore the command nor comment on the contradiction. Often, the contradiction in communication isn't apparent to bystanders unfamiliar with previous communications.
The funny thing about that quote from the article is that is exactly what our friends used to tease her about, they'd say, "Hey Mrs. Foot, why don't you plan to be spontaneous this week." And she would, missing the joke entirely.