View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 02:59 AM   #47
bluesdave
Getting older every day

Merc, it is not only NPR who are shouting warnings about China (and do not forget India). I have mentioned them several times. The problem is: what can we do about it? All countries want to do business with China, so no one wants to offend them. As I said in this thread, the Olympics in 2008 will be interesting.

I have debated whether to bring this up, but now seems a good time. Do you know what really worries us? It is not just global warming, green house gases, etc. It is the impending shift in the Earth's magnetic poles. I do not know how many Cellarites have been following this story, but the magnetic poles are moving. At the moment the North Pole is somewhere in the mid far North Atlantic. We do not how far the poles need to shift before they "flop", but some researchers are predicting that we are approaching that time (others disagree and say that the rotation will be gradual, and consistent). Imagine the effect on the Earth's wildlife. We know that these events have occurred many times before, but we do not know the resultant effect on the Earth's ecology.