View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 03:58 AM   #1
be-bop
Operations Operative

Help Needed Very Muchly

Hi , I’m hoping some kind Cellar regular might be able to help me with a problem I have with my laptop.
My hard-disk is partitioned nothing I have done must have been that way when I bought it, and
I have two drives Vista C which hold all my programmes, windows system etc and the other drive noted Data E which hold pretty much bugger all and has 35GB of free space.
I’m down to 1.02 GB of free space on my C drive which is not a great deal and I’ve pretty much
Pared down the drive and got rid of anything I don’t need.
I have tried two free programmes Paragon Partition manager and Easeus Partition manager to try and
Increase the C drive, but neither will work, error boxes pop up quoting that there are errors on the drive or shared information on the drives which mean nothing to me.

Now as I have not got the technical know how to figure out what the error messages mean, would it be possible to load any future programmes on to the Data E drive with the excess space rather than the C drive where they would normally default to?. And would they work?
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

PS I can’t use the Vista tool to increase/decrease the drives either as the boxes are greyed out and won’t activate
be-bop is offline   Reply With Quote