View Single Post
Old 04-15-2016, 08:43 AM   #1085
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I've seen food fads, what to eat/avoid, to live longer/lose weight/bigger boners, since forever. Drink wine, don't drink wine, drink coffee, don't drink coffee, eat shit and die. Vegans/vegetarians? I don't care, what ever blows your skirt up, just don't tell me what to eat. PETA, go fuck yourself.

I knew a woman who would be in serious trouble eating food cooked in a pan that had ever had onions cooked in it, but that was very rare... then food allergies burst on the scene. I thought not letting a kid take a peanut butter sandwich to school, or have cookies in his lunch was pretty stupid.

Sugar, saccharin, trans-fat, then gluten became the devil, but when I saw shampoo advertised as gluten free I figured Mad Men were using the current buzz word to get attention. There again, whatever you want, if avoiding or bingeing on something makes you feel better, even if it's psychological, good for you, it doesn't concern me. If it's secretly killing me, it's got to get in a very long line.

I'm just starting to get my head around how seriously these things affect some people, like the Fobblettes. How gluten in shampoo can be a real threat to someone, and what an incredible job Clodfobble has done in finding/drawing the map to Holland.