Thread: Bikes!
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2004, 07:12 PM   #64
Griff
still says videotape

Shindagan Hollow

I rolled out early to meet the guys and ride Shindagan Hollow State Forest up near Ithaca (ten square miles surrounded by reality), NY. Fantastic ride if you've got the time to get up there. Miles and miles of single track and jeep trails.

Some of the local youts have put together something they call Area 51. It's basically a whole bunch of playground equipment for mtn bikers. Elevated ramps, jumps, teeter totters, log barriers and other stuff designed to break things. Brian and I had to hold our guts laughing at our bud Sam as he failed miserably on several obstacles we were too um sensible, thats it, sensible to attempt. I watched Sam load and attempted to unload his front wheel to hit a ramp properly except that when he loaded the wheel (put weight on it) he basically stuck it in the ground. His rear wheel came almost 2 feet off the ground and he was pedalling like a cartoon when he biffed, freaking hilarious.

The real joy was in the single-track though. I'm finally in decent shape and was able to hammer the full time we were there. Usually you get tired and you start making foolish mistakes which cost blood and treasure but today everthing was clicking perfectly.

Last edited by Griff; 09-26-2004 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Fudd wike spellwing
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote