View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 09:55 AM   #2318
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

I just had to order 2 new hard drives for a store to replace the 2 new hard drives I ordered last week. Why? Because the tech installed them to find out the 2 new drives I had ordered had been sent with the wrong IP addresses. I double checked my order, I did it right, its the group that stages them that messed up. This happens all the time, so we have a lot of waste.
The really really annoying thing is that the new drives are sent without access to our admin account. The new drive's IP is wrong, can't connect to it at all to setup the admin account, and can't have the tech on site log into the admin to fix the IPs. So our only choice is to replace them again. If the drives were just sent with access to our admin account enabled, we could just have the tech fix the IPs, but for some stupid reason that's considered a security risk. Yup, that's right, our equipment is so secure even we can't access it!

Sorry if this doesn't make a whole lot of sense, I'm too irritated to make sense.