View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 04:34 PM   #68
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
I have had co-workers like that - the Narcissist, a huge one -- and it's the most annoying thing in the world.

I hear this one a lot and I think it's a misinterpretation of how voters operate.

Culture > practical considerations, every time

And here's a very personal example. If Trump gets rid of the H1B Visa program, I will DOUBLE my salary in a year and be basically set for life. This is not a joke. The H1B Visa program has kind of unfairly targeted my area of expertise, and mainly in big metropolitan areas where I am.

In fact it's *one* of the reasons why I wound up shit out of luck a few years back. After the bubble burst we had a combination of 500,000 fewer IT jobs in the country and about 300,000 H1B Visa IT workers still competing for the rest of them.

Ask anyone in a big corporation in the NY/SF metro area. "Oh, the IT department? It's like the UN over there. Indians, Chinese, Russians..."

Now does that mean I should, very obviously and clearly, vote for Trump?

I think you think NOT, right?
Oh God NO! Trump is maybe going to do a lot of business and industry a lot of good....all over the world. Probably mostly for him and his family though. What I don't get is how anyone believes him. Hes already gone against several of his promises. I hope he does get rid of the H1B visa (if just for you). Do you believe he will? Do you believe Trump is not part of the 'establishment', as so many who voted for him, feel? My stepson believes that he will put a 30% tariff on imports, because he said he would. Do think he will be able to do that?

“Seven Deadly Sins: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Science without humanity, Knowledge without character, Politics without principle, Commerce without morality, Worship without sacrifice.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote