View Single Post
Old 01-01-2017, 01:05 PM   #69
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pico and ME View Post
My stepson believes that he will put a 30% tariff on imports, because he said he would. Do think he will be able to do that?
Trump has clearly taken lying to a whole new level. However, history demonstrates that people who do this often have significant short term successes. Because they can do the completely opposite. The opposition does not expect it. And supporters of these types of people are willing to accept anything as true.

Reagan cut taxes. He said so. So it must have happened. Reality- taxes increased. But that requires learning facts instead of spin. Reagan increased taxes and got so many to *know* he reduced taxes.

Doing something completely different from what was said creates the element of surprise. One constantly praises Putin and his ego while doing what? Interesting will be if Trump follows through on his lies. Or does what most every informed politicians is saying - Putin is a threat that must be confronted. Will he do so while still praising Putin? Liars play both sides very well. But only for so long.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote