Thread: Ten Bullets
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 07:01 PM   #8
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Yeah. My shop would be a lot less messy if I followed those bullets.

One thing I disagree with its the fines, even if the proceeds do go to a party fund. Specifically it's the doubling of the fines with each offence.

This workplace seems too authoritarian. Even if there is a good reason for it all.
The James Brown invocation was key. There is an anecdote about some of his band complaining about the costumes they had to wear, they thought they looked uncool. One of the band asked why they had to wear the outfits and couldn't they wear something else that they chose. Brown told them, You don't have to wear these outfits, you can wear whatever you want, just not in my band.

So, yeah, a bit authoritarian, but I bet it is one of the best places to work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
But thinking on this a little further, there are A LOT of really good points in those bullets that a conscientious person should seriously consider implementing into the way they do things. They are a recipe for success.

I actually saw this video yesterday, and before I saw this post today I was thinking about it again.

I was performing a task at work, and it was a multi-step task, just like one of those later bullet points. I had left two of the steps for today. It was kind of nagging at me overnight. I hadn't written it down on a to-do list, so it was just in my brain. It was trivial. I had done the lion's share of the work yesterday by completing some forms and getting them authorized. But I was procrastinating on scanning a copy of the forms for my records and submitting the forms for processing. So I was thinking about how I shouldn't have procrastinated and just done it all.