View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 03:38 PM   #23
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I was at a point where I desperately wanted to run away.
To leave no trace. To disappear. To die somewhere where I would not be known or remembered.

What held me back was my cats. My boys. Not love for them, but logistics. I could not let them be harmed by what I wanted to do. And I had nowhere for them to go to be safe. They would be shut in with no food or water. I wanted to end my human existence but I could not bear for two little cat-brains to be snuffed out. Ho-hum.

Afterwards I think I posted on here, or maybe it was via PM, but Limey told me how painful that would have been to people who knew me. That I could always call on her, call her or turn up (in my memory) if things really were that bad. I never quite reached that stage again, but the fact someone, out of the many wonderful people here, took me seriously and offered a lifeline made a huge difference.

Just one person who gets how much it bloody hurts, and how close you are to smashing it all up is a metaphorical and occasionally a literal lifesaver.

Ask for Dwellar phone numbers if you have to.
You will get some.
If they're too far away to offer practical help they will still be an ear.
I couldn't have got to Limey when things were at their worst. I doubt I could even have called.
But I contacted Dani when things were just falling apart and she came.

Please don't ever think you are alone again.
We care.