View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 04:12 PM   #3
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
Good thread ma'am.

In this new era of YouTube celebs, here is one that nobody saw coming. I like that part about our new media landscape. Never in a million billion years would the old media have given this cat air time. But he found an audience.

This, right here, is why I love youtube.

One of my favourite channels is Blind Wave. A group of RL friends who started a website commenting on the various things they enjoy, which then turned into a Youtube channel, with gaming, reactions, original content, cooking shows, podcast etc etc. Some stuff it's all of them, some stuff will have different pairings, or trios.

With Youtube revenue and patreon support they've managed to get a little studio set up, and they have a regular audience - I watched their Game of Thrrones reactions, and there were people sending in gifts to go on the desk during reactions, that were serious GoT merch - like, how much does the official collection of full colour maps cost??

They've carved out their little niche, grown their audience and are doing all sorts of entertaining and creative stuff with it.

Frikkin awesome.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote