View Single Post
Old 11-27-2016, 11:33 AM   #10726
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
just taking a damn break

tuneup on the car today, I'll send pictures of the second plug removal ordeal. oil out and in, new filter on no parts left over yet. but stuck at the plugs/wires/cap routine. the ones that came out were the four electrode variety, the ones I have are old school one electrode kind. I can't find any of the three or four spark club gap measuring tools I own.... fuck. I'm just gonna put them in straight out of the box. they come with a little cardboard protector, so they've never been jostled against the electrode.

I'm ... man. taking them out was scary. very very tight very screechy thought for sure I was just wrecking it.... apparently not. air cleaner in, remains of melted grill in front of mass air sensor broken away and removed. not gonna do the fuel filter today. maybe tomorrow. also not gonna do the power steering rigid hose replacement I have, nor the gearshift selector doodad. I have a few inches of play in the stickshift, and the piece of the linkage that moves some fork around is very worn, I have the new one, but not on this trip.

I miss my jackstands and my floor jack. made good use of some used ramps, but driving up them is a test of my faith. my car's low enough that the lower part of the plastic bodywork fouls on the ramp while the front edge of the ramp is still several inches from the tire. I just rammed the ramps toward the tires, got in the car and tried to gently drive up. nope. too wet. spinning on the steel... not good. so now my only option is to run up them. but only up them and GOD FORBID NOT OVER THEM. I put a board in front of the car where I imagined I'd wind up when in the little wells for the tires. It worked the thirtieth time, give or take. Lots of room down there, that was nice.

I also miss my creeper. laying on the oilstain, ugh. anyhow, I'm mostly thawed, gonna get back to those plugs.
You're DIY enough to buy a set of casters and attach them to a couple of sheets of 3/4" plywood, it'd be well skookum. Then staple gun an ensolite camping pad to it and Bob's your uncle..