View Single Post
Old 11-28-2002, 06:05 AM   #64
quzah
Knight of the Oval-Shaped Conference Table

Quote:
Originally posted by juju
I don't understand the whole pet thing. Seems like slavery to me.
As I've read in the thread, you obviously have no concept of pets at all. Around here, cats just show up. They show up, eat the food, sleep on the porch with all the other cats, come in the back door, sleep on the nice warm dryer, use the cat box, wander around the acerage, do as they please. I'd hardly call that slavery.

I've got a dog here too, actually two of them. One is an indoors dog, one is an outdoors dog. The outdoors dog sleeps in his house, eats his food, the gate's open, he can leave if he likes, and yet, oddly enough, he doesn't. He runs along side the car as its leaving until it gets to the end of the drive. He runs along the drive to follow the car when it gets back. And strangely enough, he still never leaves. He's never had lessons to "stay here". But still he doesn't go.

I wonder why that is? Must be the ball and chain and daily beatings for not hauling in the crops...

The indoors dog does the same. He bounces off the walls when I get home in happy greetings. Jumps on me and licks my face off. Gets his toy so I can throw it down the hall a few times. Then promptly curls up by the fire.

If that's slavery, sign me up. Fuck going to work. I want to run up and down the hall and sleep by the fire all day long.

[edit]
I have to make this quick, *I* have to go to bed and go to work on Thanksgiving day, talk about slavery...

Furthermore, most animals around now would be rounded up and executed for being on the street. So what's better? Wind up dog food, or sleep by the fire all day? And for whoever said the initial comment about dog food quality control is absolutely kidding themselves. Dog food is honestly made from dogs. Yes, it often is, look it up. People have found pieces of flea/dog collars in cans before.
[/edit]

Quzah.

Last edited by quzah; 11-28-2002 at 06:08 AM.
quzah is offline   Reply With Quote