View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 12:29 PM   #377
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Went to see The Woman in Black with Mum today.
Details in Post Whore thread.

We didn't plan it for Valentine's Day, but we joked it was our date once we realised.
Mum and Dad don't make a big deal out of the old VD, because their Wedding Anniversary is on the 17th and that's always meant more to them.

They saw it on stage, and I've read the book, so we weren't really surprised by the story. Although Mum was caught out by some of the "jumps"!

Beforehand we went to the JD Wetherspoons very close by, The White Stag. It's right across from our new theatre (I'll have to take a photo for you) and just behind the cinema, so it's perfectly situated for trade. As usual it was hard to find an empty table - they either had people sat at them or were used as a repository for dirty glasses/ dishes. I swear the chain keeps its prices down by being under-staffed.

The barmaid serving me was exceptionally rude to some old wifies calling for service from the other side of the bar. They were in the right IMHO, because they'd been waiting longer than me. But this is a pub that allocates staff to certain areas of the bar, and they were really quite rude to her first.

Anyway, meant I got served quickly.

Mum had a panini with Wiltshire Ham and Cheddar. I had a Reggae Reggae (type of spicy sauce) wrap. We shared a portion of chips between us. I hadn't reaslied mine came with sliced tomato, so had to hoik it all out.

It was a lovely and friendly session before the film.
Attached Images

Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote