View Single Post
Old 07-05-2015, 02:38 PM   #4116
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Okay, really whoring it up here...
But if anyone is already a member of Trip Advisor, could you give me some positive feedback? Sundaegirl72

It doesn't get me money, it won't change my reviews (feel free to read them, they're almost certainly the same as I've written on here) and won't really do me any good.
But they've introduced some kind of points system. Presumably to counter bad publicity about pretend reviewers by encouraging real people.
So what I'm suggesting goes against the letter of the law, but not the aim.

Y'all know me. I've been to every place I've reviewed.
And I've left the most honest review I can.
I may have skipped a few places out because a bad review lingers like a bad smell and it's not fair if somewhere was just having an off-day. If I make a complaint it will always be at the time, not from behind a keyboard.

Oh actually, that's a lie.
I complain here, or to my Mum. But I don't sound off on a website for rating places.
Phew, pulled myself back from the brink!

I also try to follow Infinite Monkey's rule of making an effort to thank staff personally.
Please and thank you are ingrained here, to taxi drivers, bar staff, people in pet shops etc. But time is what I have to give, so I do try to emulate her and go out of my way to find Teh Management and tell them how impressed I am. And yes, I'm one of the sad sacks who fills out the feedback questionnaires printed on till receipts. Because I remember when that was important to me.