View Single Post
Old 02-10-2016, 10:43 AM   #304
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

This isn't an earworm, this is just some reflective thoughts about earworms I've been having recently

Man I tellya hwat. I swear that antidepressants removed all the songs from my head. Before them I would hear music all day.

Our brains get a chance to linger or slow down and they will settle in on things like music and thoughts and whatnot. Paxil and the like just speed your brain up a tad, and those kinds of things tend to go away. It helps, if that's what you need. If your head lingers on depressing/worrying things, you will wind up depressed and anxious.

But I've been off it all for a few years now. And these days, music plays in my head allllll day. The job is more "bursty" now, and requires less attention span, so this is fine. But I wonder if this will eventually lead to the anxiety that a busy brain clobbered me with in the first place.

There's also the chance that I've been listening to some music with amazing melodies - or is it that I like melodic music now because melodies catch my brain differently?

just some reflective thoughts
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote