View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 08:35 PM   #236
shoot
Smooth Ruffian

hmm in the last 6 months(I dont have a lot of time to read have a lot of parental responsibilities)
the one that stands out most would be 11th hour,11th day,11th month...a very good read about WW1 a subject Ive taken
an interest in the past couple years.

Ive read two books of Terry Brooks latest Shanarra series, I saw several posts with regard to Wheel of Time, I feel that Brooks is a much more accomplished writer in this genre than Moddisett, there is a lot more action and a lot more characters coming and going in Brooks books, at least the Shanarra series, I never took a shine to the Landover novels.

I saw King and Straub wrote another novel together at the book store or the library I know, it was in hardcover.

Ive read alot of L Ron Hubbard though ive never read the Dianetics? that I guess he has become most famous for. He wrote I think it was a 12 book series called mission earth that was really fun reading, I highly recommend it, Hubbard writes on many different levels and there is really something in it for everyone. At least read battlefield Earth, if you saw the movie(with John Travolta, a Dianetics guy) it really doesnt hold a candle to the book but do movies ever?

I was sad to hear about Hunter Thompson, if you havent read Fear and Loathing do its a riot. If you have? read it again its still funny as hell.

Of course natl Geographic comes to the house every month, last month it was stem ceels yesterday a special issue about Africa showed up, talk about a horror story, though they always manage to find some sort of hope.

if you cant find a thing to read I highly advise going to pbs.org probably the best site on the web, they have a webpage for every episode of every show they have aired over the last 5 or 6 years I would say, my favorite area is Frontline(one of the better shows on tv), go there and watch 'the man who knew', but only if you really want to understand why 9/11 happened.
shoot is offline   Reply With Quote