Thread: DUI Poll
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2004, 04:47 PM   #24
Lady Sidhe
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
Like Mari, I certainly deserved DUI while a youngster. I am much more careful now and the thought of perhaps injuring or even killing someone keeps me sober behind the wheel.

In OH if you are convicted of DUI you must get special bright yellow car plates that say DUI in RED on them. I think that is over the top. Why not special plates for convicted sex offenders? It's all so maddening.

Me, too. Never gotten a DUI, but that's only because I never got caught back in the day when I was partying. Speaking of which, I can't even remember the last time I had a drink--wait, yes I can....two years ago on my birthday I had a margarita.

Now, as to the special car plates, sure, I think it's a good idea. And as for plates for the other bad guys, why not? We have sex offender registries, for instance. I think if you see a sex offender tag on a car parked at the local playground, you're gonna watch your kids a hell of a lot closer.

It's a shame that things are getting to this point, but with everything out there protecting the criminal, and with the fact that they aren't drooling through their fangs, we should be able to have some way of identifying them in order to protect ourselves. I for one would be far more careful driving around a person with a drunk-driving tag. I'd make sure I kept far away from them on the road.

Sidhe

Someday I want to be rich. Some people get so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich I want to be.
-Rita Rudner

Lady Sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote