View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 12:24 AM   #5
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt
......For the most part, I agree with you though. The boiler in my house is 70 years old and will last another 70 years, easily. It's not energy efficient at all, and I feel badly about that, but I hear all the time about people having problems with their 10 year old HVAC units. Circuit boards getting fried or whatever.
Tell me about it..... We had a traditional 180º boiler in our house and it started having issues..... IT KEPT LOSING POWER.. The switch needed to be replaced and sadly my father got one of these newer "emergy efficent" things... PIECES OF GARBAGE!!!!!! - - They are so loud and not as good at all in my opinion!!! (Especially this 2nd one we just got a few months ago (The first one started leaking))

People are lied to and are told "AH YOU CAN SAVE MONEY........." and they get this garbage which isnt at all as good.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glinda
About 25 years ago, I was visiting my folks and noticed that mom had thrown away her old toaster - the one she got on her wedding day in 1950, and the only toaster my family ever had.

I asked her why she'd thrown it away, was it not working anymore? No, she said it still worked but she threw it out because it was old.

Well, I rescued it from the garbage can and took it home with me. It still works after 68 years.
Good for you Glinda!!!!

I hope that stuff keeps working good for ya!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote