View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 10:10 AM   #1119
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
PoloGirl (College senior) is taking a dull, non-genius-level class to complete her ?science requirement for graduation. Something to do with the environment and people.... All other students are taking it for the same reason. She was telling me that the prof is clearly not used to having students who can write. He's set a homework that's a minimum 600 words, and told the class "don't worry if you're struggling, you can treat it as a series of long-answer questions and not string them together as an essay. Just start writing, you'll be amazed at how much you can actually write".

She said "my problem is getting it down to 600. I can't sneeze in less than 600 words". I larfed.
Ha!

Lil' Griff said the same thing (well not the sneezing bit) about the essay she wrote to get into grad school. There is such a range of expectations out there with some schools still asking so very little that you need to know your audience.