View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 07:05 PM   #5
Iggy
Back and ready to tart up the place

Thanks all.

Child support is a valid thought, but I have doubts that whatever would be ordered would actually be paid. He can't afford to live on his income alone either, and as they say "you can't squeeze blood out of a turnip". I don't think I would get much in that way, especially since I make the majority of the money between the two of us. He is also lacking a support system and I don't think he would have anywhere to go if I kicked him out.

He is actually currently paying on back child support from his first wife. One of the pieces I didn't get into earlier was that his wife had a child right around the time they separated. She got pregnant to try to keep the marriage going, and instead it caused more strife and contributed to their eventual divorce. The child has since been adopted by his ex-wife's now-husband, so he isn't accruing any further child support. However, he does have back child support he pays and the judge ordered him to pay about half what he should have paid due to his income lacking. He is going to pay on that for several more years at least. I don't think he can pay any more than what he is now, so regardless of what a judge might order as far as child support I'd likely not see any of it. I don't want him to go to jail for lack of payment either, so I'm not even sure how that would play out...