View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 04:51 PM   #796
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

And a cousin (second) who lived with Polio as a cripple (eta: I should say, lived as a cripple thanks to polio) till he died young. There are just so many stories which are so close to home. I have a first cousin with huge mental and intellectual disabilities and they suspect that it could be because his mother had rubella when she was pregnant - it's not certain, but it's possible; she was also involved in a minor car accident, so it could have been that to.

I'm just saying, you don't have to go very far back in modern history to hear countless stories. It's so easy not to acknowledge it when we don't have to live it.

I am just afraid that we're trading one bad thing for another. Just as you are. I guess personal experience is what has made both of us choose opposite sides of the same coin.

I do understand why you feel the way you do Clod. Honestly I do, and I love you for what you do, and how much you sacrifice for your kids and your beliefs. I think I speak for everyone when I say you are inspirational. There's no denying your commitment. The world would be a darker place without people like you. xxx