Thread: Hall of Fame
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 01:10 PM   #582
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoc View Post
@sexobon ... yes, I misattributed your reference, thinking you actually had personal experience. As for 'doubling down' or having an 'I'm so offended' routine - there is no routine. I grew up with a mother who was mentally ill. Two of my children were psychotic at different times; one was admitted to inpatient multiple times.

While in medical school and residency I did extra work in psychiatry, always on the inpatient wards with the most severely ill patients. I saw successes and failures of treatment. I saw that these diseases were and are heartbreaking. I worked with a man who had the delusion that he needed to stare at the sun so that an alien race would perceive him and land in Canada to rescue him. He had stared at the sun long enough that he had gone blind.

But, never mind. Why should I share the experiences of people in pain and fear with you, when your only concern is for a puerile one-upmanship?

I'd hoped to have an actual conversation, but you're always and only about the put-downs and one-ups. At your age, that's sad.
orthodoc, welcome to the Hall of Fame.

You articulate most eloquently and poetically a thought I've often had about sexobon's posts.

I think it's a shame really, because sexobon has revealed his great intelligence from time to time but prefers instead to play the acerbic court jester. I say unfortunate because I, too, prefer actual conversations on substantive subjects. I appreciate humor too. You consistently show a balance of both that is a credit to you and a benefit to the cellar overall. I'm glad you're here.