View Single Post
Old 03-15-2004, 11:06 AM   #104
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Quote:
Originally posted by Brigliadore

No I don't think there is a way to apply my point of view, nor do I think there should be. The only way it could be applied is if every person who wanted to have a child had to apply for a child permit, go through a complete psych. exam, financial evaluation, a general personality evaluation, etc. Who would do that; the government? I don't want anyone to have that much control over someone else. But I do think that some people should put a little more thought into whether they should be getting pregnant. In many states birth control is free, and if its not free, its not that expensive. Just because a person can have a child doesn't always mean they should.

EDIT: Fixed grammar mistake
You are my new hero *Grins* That was what I was saying in my response to jinx. I find it funny that if someone says they don't want kids, then all of a sudden it's third degree time with family/friends, etc. But, not one question when someone says that they want kids, even if it's blatently obvious that they shouldn't.

As far as birth control, anyone can go to their local Planned Parenthood. They will work with the person, if what they need requires any payment. IIRC, they allowed me to pay a reduced rate for the Depo that I was on a couple of years ago. I heart them very much.

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote