Thread: Icky
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 09:00 PM   #93
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Today crazynurse managed some minced chicken salad for lunch, although she did need the crusts cut off her bread (I think that's personal preference rather than difficulty, it's squishy bread), and a pretty decent dinner, based on current standards, cottage cheese, some canned pears, linguini and mashed carrots, and green lime jello. And yes, at one point I did say, "Rainman, come on, eat your green lime jello."

She get some vicarious enjoyment out of what I eat in the hospital cafeteria, which last night was a tasty and varied salad. Tonight, since I can't eat something good for me two days in a row, I had a bacon cheesburger with fries and a chocolate pudding parfait. Hospital chocolate pudding rocks.

I also helped her with some bed exercises (stop that right now) and encouraged her use of the Spirometer. And dimed her out to the respiratory therapist for something naughty she did. According to her sister they are looking to transfer her out to skilled nursing at some point in the near future. I hope that the sister takes better control of the situation this time around.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote