View Single Post
Old 05-25-2006, 04:50 PM   #915
Cyclefrance
Pump my ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
Sure.
Guy goes into a paint shop and walks up to the salesman: 'Can I have a small pot of blue paint, please?', he asks.

Salesman asks: ' What shade, sir?'

The guy's not sure: 'What shades are there?' he asks

The salesman reels off loads of names of different shades of blue: sky blue, azure blue, midnight blue, aquamarine. etc, etc.

The Guy is confused and still can't make up his mind, so the salesman says: 'Look. Maybe I can help. What exactly are you going to paint?'

The guy replies quite nonchalantly:' It's to paint my budgie.'

The salesman is gobsmacked: 'What!?' he exclaims. 'You can't do that. That will do the bird no good at all - in fact it will most likely kill it!'

'No it won't,' replies the guy, 'my budgie was originally yellow, but after about six months I got fed up with yellow and so I painted it green. Now it's been green for six months and I'm getting bored with that so I thought I'd paint him blue instead.'

The salesman is still not sure but after a lot of back and forth arguing he decides to give the guy the benefit of the doubt and sells him a small pot of duck egg blue paint, feeling that this is probably as good a shade as any to use.

Three months go by and then the guy turns up in the paint shop again, he goes up to the salesman and asks for a small pot of red paint. The salesman is a bit wary: 'Is this for the budgie again?' he asks.

'Don't be silly,' says the guy, 'whoever heard of a red budgie. Anyway my budgie died.'

'There you are, told you so,' says the saleman. 'Told you that painting it blue would kill it!'

'Oh no,' says the guy. 'It wasn't painting it blue that killed it, it was getting the green off with the blowtorch.'