View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 10:54 AM   #8
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Smooth wins!

Diz is not a scavenger usually, but he is an opportunist and curious as hell. Mum left the casserole dish on a mat on the table because she knew it was safe - neither of us expected Diz to attempt anything, given that he knows the table is out of bounds and very rarely breaches it. The filling will be in a pie tonight - quite safe.

The 'rents discovered that the local supermarket sell multi packs of pork scratchings. Same size as you get in a pub. I've never succumbed before, but today was obviously a day for salty, fatty, porky goodness. I am ashamed.

I pre-ordered the Torchwood Enc. My card was declined. They have some weird system where they place a "phantom" charge on your card, which is refunded later. Because I have a pre-pay card, the phantom charge reduced my balance to below the amount of the invoice, so it was rejected. I called customer services, they said they would sort it out, it's happened again. So I didn't buy it.

The lingerie store in town also sells cotton briefs, pyjama sets, cotton night shirts, standard bras etc. Once a week Abs is allowed to detour on the way home and go into town (I'd call it a mall if it wasn't so laughably small.) I bought her a gift card last year as well - it's up to her and her parents' guidance what she buys after all. It's not like it's for Ann Summers.

Apols for it being a bit of a trick question, as I say - I'd already said a lot about my day beforehand. Smooth is the winner! And I need to call play.com again (grrrrrr)