View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 06:56 AM   #199
Griff
still says videotape

My certification officer is in China so a quick answer on this is not coming. If I have to take the test, it is in leau of a PA form that was to have been filled out during student teaching. Unfortunately, I student taught through a NY school. I had a further student teaching requirement through the PA uni but I guess that when I did it the form wasn't part of the normal mix or wasn't filled out. I can understand how my cert officer dropped the ball because the state rules are a morass, but I specifically asked about this test and was assured that it was not necessary for certification.

At this point I was supposed to have my PA cert in hand. My interviews in New York State have been based on the assumtion that my PA cert was pending and I could seek NY cert based on that. I could be hired if the school wants to fight with the NY dept of Ed saying that a QUALIFIED candidate was unavailable. Yes I do have a Masters of Ed in Special Ed but not taking GWB's major donor's test makes me unqualified to teach in the field.