Thread: Club hatin'
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 10:27 AM   #16
rkzenrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot
OK I forgot another thing. When Iwas in the ci-tay last month seeing Les Paul, I stopped at nat sherman tobbacconist to pick up some of my favorite pipe tobbacco and tax them with questions about weevils.

They have a lovely smoking lounge upstairs, lots of leather and mahogany, etc. Very civilized. I enjoyed a nice pipe and relaxed. But the point is, they wanted to do it and they did it.

I don't know what the point is. Who the fuck am I kidding?
If you are worried about weevils/tobacco beetles, just freeze your stash, then put it in the fridge for a couple of days, then thaw. Keep it sealed the whole time. I would use a mason jar for this. Wait for it to fully reabsorb all moisture before using again.
If you are talking about cigars, take the thawing process much slower and keep in your humidor for a while, it dries them out a bit.
They hatch at 80 degrees, so it you keep your tobacco cool at all times and your tobacconist is reputable and their supplier is as well, you should be ok. Just freeze any gifts you get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode
Unfortunately, in current society, only white Protestant males are capable of discrimination. Everyone else is a victim.
I hope you are being sarcastic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecuracao
I don't know what the deal is with Curves, but one doesn't have to actually be Black to be eligible for NAACP membership, I don't think. That might've been the problem your school had with the club--eligibility based on ethnic background. Though it doesn't sound like they were very clear about it, and overreacted instead.

Incidentally, my college has a school-sanctioned German Club--but you don't have to be German to join.
So, I can apply for one of their scholarships & get it? No... & I should not... but I should be able to start an all white scholarship fund if I want and not get any shit for it as well. I don't want to, but I am making a point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonchi
Something everybody should know about Curves: the owner and founder is the most intensely right-wing radical that a woman would ever hope not to meet. The money that women pay Curves goes to sponsor abortion clinic shutdowns, religious right programming, the defeat of ERA legislation, and the election of ultra-conservative candidates. This person actually has a Texas ranch next to George Bush! His greatest inspiration is The 700 Club. He talks like a televangelist and spends like one too. The person who gets the money you pay to Curves uses it for the REPRESSION of women and the elimination of their hard-earned rights in today's society. Boycott Curves!!!
I agree... but at the same time, it is a private club. They should have the right to have what members they want, period.
Tall, short, women, men, Christian, Jewish, black, white, German, Jamacan... I don't care.
Private means private... if they want to smoke in there, eat meat, play loud music, go bare-assed... it is none of anyone's business.
If you want to work-out, go join a damn gym that wants your ass... end of story, but leave them alone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Ghost
There is a NAAWP.
However, it is a "White Power" association.
I have read the site...their charter says they are not, but 90% of their membership talks the talk.
But, it seems because they feel discriminated against, that they are under attack. That they are being made to feel ashamed of who they are... and I can't say that I don't understand.
I don't react the same way they do, but I certainly have had the same experiences.
There should NEVER be any white guilt, EVER in ANY situation.

Last edited by rkzenrage; 09-20-2006 at 10:48 AM.