Thread: How to be happy
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 02:47 PM   #17
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercehawkeye45 View Post
I know there have been disagreements with this theory in the past, but I have found Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs theory to fit in very well for me even though it isn't a perfect match. The theory states that the highest level is self-actualization and assumes that when one reaches that level, he or she will reach their greatest potential for happiness and other aspects of life.

Skipping the physical and security needs, what has worked for the people here and how have they changed as you guys have aged? Reading, sharing ideas, constantly reflecting on my life, and analyzing the world around me have worked best for me.

And yes, I do know that I will never be constantly happy, the up and downs of life are very important and I realize that.
I think my last post answers a small bit of your question. I think as a parent a person can put all of their energy just making things 'right' because they are not. Needs met is a bit motivator but what happens when the children grow up? One needs something else to be motivated about. The only thing that I can see that needs improvement now is me.
I have raised a wonderful kid. He is getting top scores and he has great wisdom and strength. It's a new day. It's a new day for me too.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote