View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 01:39 PM   #186
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

This is becoming my Very Favorite Thread.

I used to have a lot of stories about the stupidity of the public-but, it's been so long since I've left my cottage made of candy in the forest...

I do recall a woman asking me if she should give her six year old child with a fever of 104 "some tylenol or something," or if she should NOT so that when the child came in to see the doctor he would have empirical evidence of said child's ailment.

I also remember a woman who was admitted to the psych ward on the day we Spring Forward the clocks. I worked 7p-7a so of course, at two o'clock am we put the clock to three o'clock a.m. She, naturally being awake at the time (hypomania) insisted we were all wrong and it was Spring Back, Fall FORWARD! until about 6 a.m. when she finally fell asleep.

I had a dude smear his own feces on the wall of his room. But that's for another day.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote