View Single Post
Old 07-31-2015, 10:30 AM   #57
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

It's very cool doing this project but damn I wish the drummer was better.

I get to listen in on all the community theater drama without having to worry about it. The board wants to hassle the director, because he ignored some of their demands. But the show got a great review from the community paper, which makes that harder to do. Fascinating.

Curtain is at 8, the actors and managers get there before 7, I get there at 7:20. Here is a time constraint unlike most in life. There is simply NO OPTION to be late. You will let hundreds of people down if you are late. I give myself enough time to still make it if my car breaks down halfway there. I can still call someone to fetch me.

Another local theater company is doing Rocky Horror in the fall, and supposedly they have found a different bass player. My guitar player is angling to get me in anyway. It's a coup for a community theater to do Rocky. All the other community theaters will be jealous. Community theater doesn't get to do camp or anything of a sexy nature. They are planning midnight shows. The audience might participate. It should be entertaining.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote