View Single Post
Old 11-18-2003, 09:13 PM   #12
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce
Once more, you said "Among many in the field, Gen Clark is has some of the widest experience." I'm asking what experience? So stop sliming and answer the question.
xoxoxoBruce -
Your latest responses are nothing more than more mocking and personal attacks on me. Your use of the word 'sliming' only demonstrates a continued contempt for anyone who does not follow your dictatorial commandments. Can you post without personsal insults or mocking another? If you don't like what I say, then respond with logical facts - not personal attacks.

Suddenly you want a logical answer? Why the sudden change in mental attitude? Yes Bruce, one personal attack in response and suddenly you are offended. What a double standard. Your latest posts - virtually everyone - is a personal attack. It would help if you first did a little reading and learning so that you can respond logically rather than with subtle insults and mockery.

I currently don't have the long list of accomplishments by Clark. He was a major negotiator for the Clinton administration in many hotspots. Coinsidered one of the most powerful and accomplished Supreme Commander of Nato. A man from Arkansas and a Rhodes scholar whose intelligence among top military men was always considered highest. His carreer was considered remarkable. That does not mean he is a good politician. McAurthur and Patton also were remarkable men. I wouldn't want either as president.

If Clark is moving to the poltical field, then it will be interesting. He still is naive. So far, his ability to control a press interview has not been spectacular. But then J F Kennedy was also a lousy Senator. But then Clinton also did not look promising this early in the campaign. I make no premature judgements on any potential candidates. Clark may not be presidential material. He may be another able administrator such as Colin Powel. Only time will tell.

Holbrook is another spectaculor man. Would he make a good president (regardless of whether he is running)? I don't know. But again, Holbrook also is another of those backroom intelligencia who really make things work. Few really understand who these people are let alone what they have accomplished.

In the meantime, Howard Dean is doing a good job of alienating me. Like George Jr, he is against free trade. He is currently kowtowing too much to the tiny liberal left wing of the Democratic party. Do I immediately disparage Dean? No. Just watch him.

Last edited by tw; 11-18-2003 at 09:16 PM.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote