View Single Post
Old 05-07-2003, 12:00 PM   #8
ScottSolomon
Coronation Incarnate

Location: On the skin of a tiny planet in an obscure galaxy in a lackluster corner of the universe.
[fanboy geek mode: on]

XMen 2 was great. I love the Nightcrawler teleport sequence in teh beginning. I never really thought about nightcrawler using his pwers like that, but I think it was really well done.

I would have liked to see Sabretooth and Toad return in the new movie. I would like to have seen a less direct origin of Wolverine. I remember reading through so many episodes where little pieces of Wolverines origin were revealed. I really like Jean Grey's transition to Phoenix. I think they should have given Colosus and Banshee more screen time. I also think they should have added a danger room ( maybe that would have been too geeky )

The one thing that bugged me was the power they gave professor X. I do not think Prof actually had as much power as they indicated in the new movie.

But overall, I thought it was a great movie. I am so glad to see GOOD comic book movies coming out.

I saw a preview of Hulk, too. That looks freakin awesome. The Hulk version is like a green McFarlane Hulk - and they gave him the right amount of strength. One of the most bothersome things about the T.V. version of Hulk was that Hulk only turned over cars and busted through walls. They seemed like they did it right.

The only caveat was that the Hulk character looked a little like a puppet, but maybe the CG won't be too obvious in the actual movie.

[fanboy geek mode: off]

I hate those stupid geek movies.

Bertrand Russell

Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.

George Orwell

Last edited by ScottSolomon; 05-07-2003 at 12:02 PM.
ScottSolomon is offline   Reply With Quote