View Single Post
Old 05-30-2016, 08:18 AM   #1942
chrisinhouston
Professor

I was killing some time yesterday at Orlando airport walking around the B terminal when I saw this woman with a rather unusual outfit. It isn't every day you see someone wearing what looks like a Chinese lampshade on her head. I immediately wondered how she got through the TSA checkpoint, this hat looked almost dangerous! Then I thought about how she would take it on the plane, would she wear it or put it in the overhead bin.

I thought it worth a picture so used my phone camera to grab a shot. The lady was with a man and another woman and the other woman saw me and began shouting to show some respect and that I should have asked permission to take the ladies picture. I walked on and then the man followed me also shouting so I just waved them off with my hand as if to say "so long and goodbye". They continued shouting as I walked away.

About 20 minutes later I turned a corner in the main part of the terminal hub and encountered them again and the man came up to me and shouted in my face "You have insulted my wife, you must apologize!" I said I wasn't apologizing as I didn't see how I offended her. He went on in a loud voice in a bit of a foreign accent that I had insulted her by taking her picture without permission and then walking away! He said it was against the law and he would press charges. I told him that it wasn't and they were in a public place and I thought her hat was very unique and wanted to remember it. He went on about getting the police or security and I told him to go ahead.

Then his wife, who was dressed in festive snowflake tights and had quite a few tattoos and piercings and jewelry on her face started shouting at me! I walked away and sat down next to my wife who had heard the shouting and noticed I was in the middle of it. "I can't leave you alone for 5 minutes!" she told me with a small smile.

I thought to myself, OK you are wearing a huge very odd hat, you have on unusual clothes and you are heavily tattooed and have jewelry in you nose and lips and eyebrows and you are upset that I noticed you??? Were you attempting to travel incognito and blend in?
Attached Images

chrisinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote