View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 06:38 AM   #1
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Examples of awesome acting

As the title says. A thread for examples of awesome acting. Random - can be a shit show with that one stunning performance, a movie from fifteen years ago, a youtube clip of amateur theatre. Whatever - but an example of the art of acting at its best.

I started the thread because I just saw a youtube clip from a programme aired on Channel 4, about 7 years ago. I didn't watch it at the time - I only happened upon it because I was trying to find clips of Ripper Street, which stars Matthew MacFayden as Inspector Reid (the actor who played Mr Darcy as he is probably better known).

The programme was part of a series of dramas; each one [i]The Secret Life of a....', with a new subject each time. Matthew MacFayden was the lead in The Secret Life of a Child Sex Offender

I watched part 1 - wow. I will watch the rest after I finish work for the day.

It was inspired by the closure in 2002, of the last secure residential treatment centre for convicted paedophiles in the uk. it had been open for 7 years but was shut down because of vehement local protest at its placement within the community.

MacFayden's performance is brilliant. And what a brave choice of role.

DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote