View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 10:02 PM   #834
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
Merry Christmas hohoho.
Dad was drunk last night. So Dad fell over last night.
Dad falls over plenty sober, but if he's drunk it gives Mum an excuse to be a real bitch.

She's making him clean up all the blood this morning.

Yesterday's special phrase was about the fact he has to take tablets 30 minutes before he can eat in the morning. She didn't like the fact that he went to the toilet before taking them, "I don't care if you shit all over the floor, just take the tablets before I get up." Because waiting an extra five minutes for breakfast is really horrible.

Today's special phrase, "Do you remember what that was for? No? No of course you don't. I made you piss in that because I couldn't let you out of the bedroom. I'm not having any of my colleagues in the Ambulance Service [which she left 20 years ago] have to come out to you."

Oh and she's just said to their cat, "If you don't like it you can go and live elsewhere." Which is an odd thing to say to a cat. I think I might get the message... despite not saying a bloody word about any of this because hohohomerrychristmas I know how this day goes every single bloody year.

So much for making things easier by not having a roast.
It seems it isn't the roast that's the problem.
What can I take off the list next year? Oh, me. Not because I've been a problem. Yet. But so that I don't have to hear it again. I'll just join Claudette.
Sundae, you seem to be able to accept your father's oddities as age-related issues without too much pain -maybe because he has an alzeimers diagnosis?. I beg you to consider that -although you and your mum have not always seen eye to eye- her recent oddities may not just be due to her being a bitch, but may also be age-related. Most people become less tolerant and less flexible as they age. Many also become less rational. mostly without official diagnoses.

To me -an outsider- --and not a medical doctor-- the behavior you describe screams aging over being a bitch. if you add aging to being a bitch........

I suspect most of us are fortunate enough not to witness this close-up in our parents so it is not a widely discussed phenomenon, but I bet it's not unusual.

I also suspect that a little of your father's vagueness may not be as much about his deficiencies as about his coping mechanisms.....

just my tuppenceworth.