View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 10:58 AM   #96
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet View Post
..."Around you" being the key. After Katrina, I donated to the Bush-Clinton Katrina Fund. I am not "around" New Orleans. I could not go to New Orleans to help, or to take a car load of supplies. I did not know anyone in New Orleans to send a check to. How would I help them, using your philosophy?
Please answer my question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123 View Post
how hard have you tried? my guess is you really haven't tried to do any of those things.

there is a huge difference between saying "i want to have enough money for a fancy car and a big house... now pass me a beer", and "i want to have enough money for a fancy car and a big house, now pass me that pen so i can sketch out my plan".

saying you want something is not the same as committing yourself to achieving it. and, yeah, you can revert to your ridiculous examples for a response if you want.
My "ridiculous" list was to illustrate how ridiculous your statement is. There are plenty of things you can try real hard to do, yet not accomplish. I'm sure that anything I suggest would be ridiculous to you, though.