Thread: Serious Time
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 10:58 AM   #3
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Medicare would be in good shape if they hadn't stolen all the money to fund other projects, without raising the taxes to cover those projects.

I've seen a lot of Administrations, and Congresses in my lifetime. The one thing that has been consistent, is they're purpose in life is to spend money, our money, and in numbers that have always boggled my little pea brain.

But let's face it, they are a necessary evil. Any attempt to stop, or even slow them from spending money, while talked about ad infinitum, has always come to naught. So to my mind, the best we can do is try to get them to spend the money doing good for the citizens. If you can't stop the dog from digging, try to keep him in the area you want cultivated.

I don't think I'm being defeatist, just realistic, because every time I tried being idealistic I got my ass reamed. Example, I voted for both Nixon and Bush... once. Being realistic is trying to get the politicians to direct the inevitable pork, to benefit their constituents, and not the corporate coffers that have become the political powerhouses.