View Single Post
Old 11-28-2001, 03:32 PM   #13
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally posted by russotto
Sorry, every source I find gives Bush Florida, unless (as I mentioned) you count over-votes, which was never an option.

A full recount would have gone for Bush. A partial recount would have gone for Bush. Only a statewide recount including overvotes would have gone for Gore.
Well that already is in direct contradiction to what The Economist said. The Economist noted one study that said a statewide count would have given Bush the FL votes. Another previous study, using a different criteria reached the opposite conclusion. But then as so many other publications have noted previously, the results all depend on the criteria used. The vote submitted to the Courts was so grossly flawed as demonstrated by no news publication coming to the same conclusion.

For example many votes were thrown out because the voter punched in for Gore, but then also wrote in Gore's name. According to the election board criteria, that counted as a double vote and was disqualified - even thought the will of the voter was obvious. The election system in FL was that screwed up by those running the system.

Another problem: those punch card holesin the machines had to be repeatedly cleared. In counties where Gore was heavily favored, the election officials were never told to keep clearing out the punch out holes. Therefore the Gore voters most often had 'dimpled chads'. Was this done intentionally. Maybe. Maybe not. But the election was corrupted.

Another problem was that the guides for punching were worn and not replaced. Therefore the dangling chad was a common problem in polling stations. That simply meant the machines would reject many votes - more corruption.

Of course 85% of all problems are directly traceable to top management. Who are they? Are they the people's representives or those who also fear campaign finance reform? The election is controlled and dominated by the political parties - not by the people. Political parties are top management. We knew then who the problem was. Its been over a year. Have we fixed the problem? Of course not. We still have a corrupted election system.

BTW, in Abingtion, I was hearing reports that the company who installed all those electronic voting machines was being sued because of voting machine failures. This was a repeat problem. I thought that was Abingtion.

Ironic that someone would mention Cook County to prove me wrong. Cook County (Democrats) and the suburbs (Republicans) love the current corruption. It means each party gets their own people in power - the people be damned. We know those areas are ripe with corruption. So why don't the 'powers that be' address the problem? 85% of all problems are directly traceable to who? The fox is in the chicken coop and has no interest in fixing the problem. Again we see what happens when Democrats and Republicans control the election process - just like campaign financing.

As for that Sec of State with big makeup - her name is irrelevant and forgotten by many. But everyone knows who she is, not by her name, but by all that 'Tammy Faye' makeup.

It was no disrespect to her, although considering her partisan actions in FL elections (after having asked about a job in the possible George Jr administration), she deserves no respect.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote